Monday, February 18, 2013

Zachery and Justine

Before the sun I rose, I packed my gear and headed out to Rhinecliff where I hoped to catch the Zachery Reinauer which had been holed up overnight at the Port Ewen anchorage.  Here just after sunrise she rounds Kingston Point with the Heritage Oil Terminal and former Hutton brickyard in the background.



Later, at about 9:45, she passed the Hudson Athens Light and Middle Ground Flats at Hudson.








Then came Justine McAllister, a tug I've photographed many times.  I am glad I waited for her because she pushed, stern first, a light barge at the hip.  Here she comes around Four Mile Point and then southbound past Hudson.







Sometimes, when you're tugspotting, a train comes by.  In this case I happened upon this freight train starting off in the Hudson yard.




I caught up with Justine at the Rip Van Winkle Bridge.




And finally, back home, she rounds Rogers Point and Crum Elbow, motoring down Lange Rack under Walkway Over the Hudson.














No comments:

Post a Comment